Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
We love loaf breads at our house, and I make them a couple times a week...I have collected hundreds of loaf bread recipes over the years, here is another winner from my 5 star folder. (note: the dates can be replaced with raisins if desired)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried dates, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan, or mini loaf pans.
- Sift together, the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in coconut.
- Mix together the milk, egg and vanilla.
- Combine with the dry mixture.
- Mix in chopped dates and apples; mix well until combined.
- Spoon mixture into a prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
This is a great recipe. The loaves turned out beautiful!
A nice sweet, chewey bread. The apple, coconut, and dates are a great combination. Great for toasting and topping with apple butter.