Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I first tasted this at a local market, I finally asked for the recipe. I make it for all our family get togethers, and they love it. I do not use fruit cocktail cans because the pears & grapes turn brown and make the salad sour and bad!
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 0.5 (16 ounce) packageof sweet coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- First pour out all the juice from the mandarin and pineapple chunks.
- Put fruit in large glass bowl.
- Stir in sour cream and coconut flakes, and fold in the Cool Whip.
- Chill for one hour and serve.
This is really wonderful. It like almost like a pina colada... Yummy... I served in a graham cracker crust. One of the easiest and honestly best deserts I've had in a while.
Sound like a very good recipe but instead butting 0 (16) oz but 1 (16 oz.) you might confuse someone
I made this for a tropical theme party my sister was having. It fit the bill, it was easy and sweet. I really loved it and plan on making it again for any party/potluck situation.