Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just joined a group on FB called "Uncooking101.com" and got this recipe today in my News-feed. We had it for lunch and were delighted! As it turned out, I didn't have red bell pepper, so I used the carrot-beet pulp left over from juicing, nor did I have chipotle so I subbed a sprinkle of smoked paprika. It was fabulous!
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 2 avocados
- Toss the kale and salt in a large bowl. Massage the kale by hand, causing it to soften and wilt. Proceed for several minutes until the kale is very soft. Add lime juice, coconut oil and garlic and massage a bit more to flavor the kale. Toss in pineapple, bell pepper, cilantro, scallions and chipotle. Mix very well.
- Cut your avocados in half and remove the pit. If the hole left by the pit is very small, you may wish to scoop out a bit of the flesh to make room for the stuffing.
- Divide the kale mixture into four equal portions and fill the avocados. Serve immediately. If you wish to prepare the kale salad in advance, just keep the avocados whole until ready to serve to prevent browning.