Doughnuts with a German background ...
Make and share this Tropfkrapfen (Drop Doughnuts) recipe from Food.com.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Stir in egg yolks and whole egg; blend.
- In a separate bowl, sift all dry ingredients except the confectioners' sugar; add to creamed mixture, alternating with buttermilk.
- Stir to mix all ingredients.
- Cook by dropping spoonsfuls of dough into 375 degree F deep fat.
- Fry a few at a time, to keep fat temperature constant.
- Turn to brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.