Recipe by Mme M
A different kind of troll cream combining the lingonberries with currants and strawberries. Traditionally made for New Year's Eve. Serve with a vanilla custard sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 cups lingonberries or 1 cup red currants
- 1⁄2 cup strawberries or 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash berries, and remove all unripe berries . Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until the volumes quadruples, about 15 minutes.
- Serve in a crystal dessert bowl sprinkled with a few berries of your choice.
- If available, add a few mint leaves. Cookies are a great accompaniment.