Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
This is a very popular street vendor steamy snack much in demand in Mexico, specially during winter. It's really a filling and tasty comfort food snack. Easy to prepare.
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon crumbled mexican queso fresco or 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder (or more according to taste)
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 key lime, its juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat corn with its liquid if canned, if frozen, thaw and heat, with a little bit of water.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Drain liquids.
- While hot-- add the butter, mayonnaise, powdered chili, and cheese in this order.
- Taste and rectify salt if needed.
- Add a few drops of lime juice if you like it tart.
- Eat it hot.
- You can use more or less of each ingredient to suit your palate.