Recipe by Satyne
Taken from some fancy pasta I bought. Looks yum!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This brought back fond memories of our honeymoon in the Liguria region of Italy. Loved the fresh tasting pesto over the trofie, though you could probably use your favorite pesto recipe. DH chopped all ingredients in the food processor (except oil) for ease of prep. He recommends using a lower heat when warming the pesto on the stovetop. I got my trofie from a local Italian market, but am pretty sure I've also purchased it at Home Goods and/or Williams-Sonoma in the past. This was an easy, fresh tasting dinner, enjoyed with a baguette. Made for Spring Photo Tag 2013.
- 500 g trofie pasta (small twisty pasta)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 cup freshly grated basil
- 50 g pecorino romano cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin to cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water.
- In a seperate pot heat the oil.
- Once warm, add the garlic, basil, cheese, parsley, salt & pepper and pine nuts and allow to simmer for 8 minutes.
- Lengthen the sauce with some of the pasta water.
- Drain the pasta and then return it to the pot.
- Add the sauce and mix.
- Serve and add more cheese.