1/2 Photos of Trixie's Salmon Patties With Creamed Peas
This was my mom's recipe (Trixie was my dad's nickname for her; sure to get a reaction!). It's quick, easy, inexpensive, and true comfort food. Be sure to serve with homemade mashed potatoes to get the full effect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon, drained, bones & skin removed
- 4 ounces saltine crackers (one tube)
- 2 -3 eggs, depending on size
- 1 small onions, finely diced or 1 small onion, pureed
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- fresh black pepper, to taste (don't add salt unless your crackers are unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons butter (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1In a medium mixing bowl combine all salmon patty ingredients.
- 2Using your hands, mix well and shape into 8 patties.
- 3In a large fry pan, melt butter and oil over medium heat until hot.
- 4Add patties and saute 2 minutes per side, or until crisp and well browned.
- 5Hold in a warm oven while preparing creamed peas.
- 6In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- 7Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- 8Gradually add milk or half& half while whisking to prevent lumps.
- 9Cook until the sauce bubbles and thickens.
- 10Add the thawed, drained peas and stir until peas are hot.
- 11Serve two patties per serving, topped with the creamed peas.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trixie's Salmon Patties With Creamed Peas
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.2
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 192.8 mg
- Sodium 681.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 35.3 g