Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Variation on rice crispy treats, taken from the back of a Food Lion brand Trix knock-off cereal box. The lemonade really makes it different.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 35 large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 7 cups Trix cereal
- Butter or spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in drink mix.
- Quickly add cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Pour into baking pan, cover with wax paper and press cereal mixture down firmly into pan.
- Allow to cool, remove wax paper and cut into squares.
WoW! My son came back from a camp at NAU and was raving about "Trix Treats" that they served on campus. He whipped up a batch at home (the regular rice krispie version) and I wasn't really wowed....nobody was. I found this one today and geeze! These are tasty! SWEET but tasty! (afterall, what did I expect from Trix and marshmallows)
Might be just what the kids ordered, but adults go for this treat, too, or at least those who are kids at heart do! Believe it or not, the little buggers are also tasty dipped in a peach sauce! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphan chefs at the end of this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
This is another one of my PAC choices for 2007. This is a quick and easy snack to make. If you have small children this is the recipe for you!