Recipe by AMDmtmom
Variation on rice crispy treats, taken from the back of a Food Lion brand Trix knock-off cereal box. The lemonade really makes it different.
Top Review by dukeswalker
WoW! My son came back from a camp at NAU and was raving about "Trix Treats" that they served on campus. He whipped up a batch at home (the regular rice krispie version) and I wasn't really wowed....nobody was. I found this one today and geeze! These are tasty! SWEET but tasty! (afterall, what did I expect from Trix and marshmallows)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 35 large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 7 cups Trix cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter or spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in drink mix.
- Quickly add cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Pour into baking pan, cover with wax paper and press cereal mixture down firmly into pan.
- Allow to cool, remove wax paper and cut into squares.