Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
My family's favorite spaghetti. Cooking the meatballs in the sauce gives it the best flavor.
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large pot over med heat.Saute onion & garlic in olive oil about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 60 minutes.
- In large bowl combine meatball ingredients.
- Mix well and form into balls.
- Add meatballs to sauce, cook an additional 20 minutes until meat is done.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles.