Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you want to use your crock pot, just omit the water and cook on low about 4-6 hours. I didn't drain the beef after it was cooked as I used lean meat and I like to think that the little extra fat adds flavor and heartiness. We enjoy this with crusty french bread. It's fabulouso.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (I use the jar variety)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (540 ml) can stewed tomatoes, incl. liquid
- 1 (284 ml) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 (540 ml) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (156 ml) can tomato paste
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Saute onion, garlic and ground beef in large pot until beef is browned.
- All all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.