1/2 Photos of Trisha's Easy General Tso's Chicken
Chef #463637's Note:
I got this recipe from one of Meanie's. It was a great recipe, but not enough sauce. So I made a great tasting recipe that is not too spicy and just the right amount of sauce. Very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml cornstarch
- 7 dried chili pods
- 1In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup of cornstarch and 3 eggs thoroughly.
- 2Toss chicken in mixture to coat.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the rest of the cornstarch, rice vinegar, rice wine, sugar, and soy sauce.
- 4Heat 1-2 inches of peanut oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- 5Fry chicken in small batches long enough to cook through, but not golden brown.
- 6Remove from pan and place on a paper towel.
- 7Leave a tablespoon or two of peanut oil in the wok.
- 8Add chicken and chili pods to the wok and stir fry until crispy and brown.
- 9Once chicken is done, add the sauce mixture over the chicken in the wok and toss over heat until sauce thickens.
- 10Serve immediately.
- 11Goes great with fried rice and an egg roll.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trisha's Easy General Tso's Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 224.4 mg
- Sodium 3145.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried chili pods