Recipe by Impulse334
I got this recipe from one of Meanie's. It was a great recipe, but not enough sauce. So I made a great tasting recipe that is not too spicy and just the right amount of sauce. Very easy to make.
Top Review by katia
Excellent, so very good. Made it for PAC Spring 2007 and I'm glad I did! I used turkey instead of chicken and halfed the recipe. Easy to make on a working day, I made it in 20 minutes. Its a keeper! Thanks, for sharing with us!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 7 dried chili pods
- 8 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 8 tablespoons rice wine
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 12 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup of cornstarch and 3 eggs thoroughly.
- Toss chicken in mixture to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the cornstarch, rice vinegar, rice wine, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Heat 1-2 inches of peanut oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Fry chicken in small batches long enough to cook through, but not golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on a paper towel.
- Leave a tablespoon or two of peanut oil in the wok.
- Add chicken and chili pods to the wok and stir fry until crispy and brown.
- Once chicken is done, add the sauce mixture over the chicken in the wok and toss over heat until sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately.
- Goes great with fried rice and an egg roll.