Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy Fried Rice recipe that is good and does not have to have all the veggies.
- 3 cups cooked rice, cold
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots, diced (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 -4 tablespoons soy sauce (to taste)
- Melt butter or margarine in non-stick skillet.
- Add onions and carrots (if desired), and fry until onions are transparent and carrots are crisp.(About 5 minutes).
- Add peas and cook for 1 minute more.
- Push veggies to one side and scramble eggs in empty side of skillet.
- Add soy sauce.
- Spoon in rice and mix until well blended.
- Fry until steamy and serve.
My younger daughter loves fried rice. She takes it in a thermos for lunch. She really enjoyed this recipe. I thought it tasted very authentic and was easy to put together. I will use this whenever I am making fried rice from now on. Thanks for sharing!
Fabulous! I was looking for fried rice and found this. I didn't have any frozen veggies in the house but did have onion -- so while ours didn't have a great deal of color, it had fabulous flavor -- my husband commented on how easy it was and how great it tasted. Thanks for posting!
This was the easiest fried rice recipe I have ever made. Very tasty. I added some rice wine while frying the rice in, and that added some flavor. We used low sodium soy sauce and that didn't hurt the flavor at all.