Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw Trisha Yearwood make this on Food Network and wanted to post here for safekeeping. Recipe adapted from Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen by Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2008
- 44.37 ml butter
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 3 (1190.67 g) can chicken broth
- 946.36 ml half-and-half
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled, drained and shredded
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, drained
- 425.24 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 36.00 g packet fajita seasoning mix
- 453.59 g bag tortilla chips
- 226.79 g monterey jack cheese, grated
- 226.79 g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and the onion and saute until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir well, cooking for 1 minute more.
- Add the broth and the half-and-half.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup, salsa, chicken, beans, corn, cumin and fajita seasoning.
- Continue to simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Crumble the tortilla chips into individual bowls and top with a ladle of soup.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese and add a dollop of sour cream.
I had a moment of panic when I figured out the Weight Watcher's points and it came out 26 points! Then I realized they had it for 1 servings instead of 8, so it is 3 points per serving. Now need to check out the Chicken Tortilla Casserole!