Recipe by Trking86
Basic apple pie with bacon crumbles and half bacon lattice. Been making bacon apple pie for a while, because bacon makes everything better. Figured I should save my recipe.
- 1 pie crust
- 5 apples, peeled cored, sliced (I use a mixture of gala, granny smith, and fuji)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lb cooked bacon (make sure it is still bendable)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lay pie crust into pie pan.
- Dice about half the bacon.
- In a large bowl mix sliced apples, lemon juice, sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Layer apple mixture and bacon pieces into crust.
- Slice the other pie crust into stripes for lattice, weave bacon and pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cover edges of pie with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.