Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Basic apple pie with bacon crumbles and half bacon lattice. Been making bacon apple pie for a while, because bacon makes everything better. Figured I should save my recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lay pie crust into pie pan.
- Dice about half the bacon.
- In a large bowl mix sliced apples, lemon juice, sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Layer apple mixture and bacon pieces into crust.
- Slice the other pie crust into stripes for lattice, weave bacon and pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cover edges of pie with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.