This is the very first recipe I tried from Trisha Yearwood's first cookbook. When it went in the oven, I wasn't sure it looked "right" and was nervous I had messed it up somehow, but when it came out it was DELICIOUS! When I watched her make it on her show, I was reassured about the pre-cooked appearance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start with cooked, shredded chicken. You can either boil and shred it yourself or use canned chicken. I always have canned chicken on hand so that this recipe can be made on a whim.
- 2Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 3Put the chicken in a 2-quart casserole dish. Combine the broth and soup in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Pour the broth mixture over the chicken.
- 4Make sure the butter is melted and buttermilk well shaken before continuing.
- 5In a separate medium bowl, mix the flour with the pepper. Stir in the melted butter and the buttermilk. Pour this mixture over the casserole and smooth the top; do not stir. Bake the casserole until the crust is brown and the filling beneath is hot and bubbly, 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trisha Yearwood's Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.7
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 1023.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: