Recipe by mums the word
My sister-in-law makes these and we think they are delicious. The crackers stay nice and crisp. I imagine that they are lower in fat and healthier than using nachos chips, so we'll see how Zaar nutrition facts scores this. I have guessed at the quantity amounts as you can put on as little or as much as you like.
- 20 pieces nabisco low-sodium triscuits
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (to taste)
- 6 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler, placing rack about 4 inches from heating element.
- Place the triscuits on a baking pan.
- Top each cracker with about 1/4 tsp salsa and a thin slice of cheddar cheese.
- Broil 2-4 minutes (depends how hot your broiler is and how brown you like them).