Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you can't get enough chocolate, try these cookies! I have included the chilling time with the preparation time.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Combine unsweetened chocolate, 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate morsels and the espresso granules in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, until chocolate melts.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, then gradually stir in flour.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, and the white and milk chocolate morsels.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass or use a cookie stamp (dip in flour to prevent sticking).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool for 15 to 20 seconds on baking sheet then move to rack to finish cooling.
Chocolate AND coffee? Excellent combination.