This is my Mother in law's recipe for mock oh Henry Bars. It was a recipe that she submitted for our church's fundraising cookbook.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and shortening.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour 1/2 into a foil lined 8 inch square pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Combine caramels, water and butter.
- Place mixture on low heat until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into chocolate lined pan.
- Spread evenly and top with remaining melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Cut into bite sized pieces.