Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Taste of Home.
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups cold milk
- grated semisweet chocolate (optional)
- Cut butter into flour until crumbly; stir in the peanuts.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350* for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- For filling, beat sugar, cream cheese and peanut butter in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Spread over crust.
- In another mixing bowl, combine pudding mixes and milk; beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread over filling.
- Sprinkle with chocolate if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
This is a fantastic dessert!! Always brings people back for seconds!!