Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Warning. This could be addictive, and you don't need a large square. I found this recipe in Quick Cooking, and co-workers gobbled it up and asked for the recipe -- so I thought I would post it here for others to try. Cooking time includes cooling time.
- 20 ounces fudge brownie mix (or size required for 13x9-inch size pan)
- 11 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 16 ounces cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Prepare and bake brownie mix according to directions, using a greased 13 x 9" baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting over the brownies.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook over LOW heat for approximately 4-5 minutes or until blended, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cereal. Spread over the cream cheese frosting and chopped peanuts.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until set before cutting.
- Store in refrigerator.
- NOTE: I used a dark chocolate fudge brownie mix, and I also had only half of the milk chocolate chips required so I used semi-sweet chips for the remainder.