Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The threat is in that they're so good, you won't be able to eat just one. But it is good to know these bars are packed nutritionally and full of flavour! These are the ones that go to school with my kids more often than not.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, room temperature
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped,toasted
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Butter 10 X 14 inch cookie sheet and line with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- Add to butter mixture and stir until just combined.
- Mix in oats, walnuts, raisins and coconut (dough will be very stiff).
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake until top is golden-brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes.
- Turn out and peel off parchment paper.
- Cool and cut into bars.
These are great! I had to leave out the nuts as there are nut allergies at my daughter's school. I did add about 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips instead which did taste great, but made these a little less healthy than the recipe as posted. Thanks for posting!
I'd give this 10 stars if I could! I made one sub, my family hates raisins, so I omitted those and added 1/2 C of mini chocolate chips. These are beyond fabulous, and if I can stay out of them, will go to a baby shower tomorrow afternoon. Thanks evelyn, for such a tasy easy treat!
These are baking as I type, but I had to rate now since the batter (dough?) was so good. I omitted the walnuts and increased the oatmeal by 1/2 cup, and the coconut and raisins by 1/4 cup each. I'll be taking these to a church activity later today if they make it that far, and will probably make more this week for my daughter to take to school during testing. Just wanted to add that I just got back from the activity, and I had several requests for the recipe!!!