Prep 25 mins
Cook 14 mins
Sounds really yummy. From Down Home with the Neely's.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate, chopped bittersweet chocolate and the butter in a double boiler over low heat, stirring constantly.
- With a hand mixer beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla on medium-high speed until light in texture and thick, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chocolate mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Turn the mixer on low speed, mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Mix in the pecans and chocolate chips until blended.
- Fill a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop with dough, level it, and drop the dough onto a prepared cookie sheet, leaving 3 inches between the cookies.
- Bake the cookies until they are cracked on top, about 14 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
If your a chocoholic like I am these cookies will be calling your name like they did mine. I loved everything about these cookies! From all that yummy chocolate to those bits of nuts. Yummy yum yum!