Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
So you've just finished smoking a brisket, and you're now surprised with the amount of leftover meat you have. Mix it with some ground beef and make some chili! I used brisket made with the mop sauce in Texas "mop Sauce" Barbecue Sauce, and it makes a surprisingly good addition to plain ol' chili.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 2 lbs hamburger meat, browned
- 1 lb beef brisket, smoked
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced and browned
- 1 (48 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to crock pot, mix well. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. I prefer to run the pinto beans through a food processor instead of adding them whole, as this helps thicken and add some body to the chili.