Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A layered strawberry dessert recipe.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs or 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- Melt butter in saucepan; stir in corn flake crumbs or graham cracker crumbs.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, and almond extract. Press half of crumb mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Heat water to boiling in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin for a minute, until dissolved.
- Stir in softened ice cream and thawed strawberries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top. Chill for 2 hours, until firm. Cut into squares to serve.
Very yummy cool and refreshing. Scooped it out of the dish with a big spoon..(the first slices)..then dh and I just ate the leftovers right out of the pan.. didn't last past 2hrs in our house..we couldn't stay out of it.
This recipe was very simple and faster to make than I thought. Although after four hours I still couldn't cut it into nice squares,wasn't firm enough, and the strawberries got in the way of the knife. But a spoon worked just fine for the family and no one complained. Thanks for the recipe.