Recipe by nanpie
So many people rave about the dip recipe from the back of the Knorr Vegetable Soup packets. I've always thought it was too goopy. Too much mayo and sour cream and not enough spinach for me...so I triple(even quadruple) the spinach and like it so much better. It's always a hit, so guess others like it more "spinach-y" too! If there are any dip leftover it's GREAT in omlettes
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredidients except spinach to large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Crumble spinach into mayo/sour cream mixture. Mix well using fork to break-up any clumps of spinach.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Stir before serving with party rye or pumpernickel bread.