- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1⁄2 cups water or 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped (or 1 small onion)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb smoked tofu
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 2-inch long pieces
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 cup smoked dried tomatoes (softened in boiling water if not packed in oil) or 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (softened in boiling water if not packed in oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the shallots, coriander and cardamom.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes and then add the red pepper and garlic. When red pepper just begins to soften, add the tofu, orange peel, and green beans.
- Stir fry for a couple of minutes, and add the smoked paprika and dried tomatoes. Toss in the cooked quinoa and serve.