Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an original recipe by yours truely. The trple sec mixture can also be used as a marinade and then the fish can be grilled or fryed.
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the triple sec, soy sauce, thyme, five spice, and garlic.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Prepare a large baking dish by thinly spreading the olive oil on the inside.
- Thinly slice the onion and peppers.
- Place the salmon fillets inside of the baking dish, arrange the onions and peppers on top of each fillet, and then season them with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the triple sec mixture over the top of the fillets.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
my husband made this meal for me and it was very tasty. its goes good with rice, the sauce that `the triple sec creates goes very well with the salmon. it gives it a good sweet taste, but not too much. its just a perfect taste. recommend try!! i love it and that i am very picky. this recipe realy diseves more than five stars but 5 is all i could give.
simple and fabulous! I made this for thanksgiving & it got rave reviews. A wonderful sauce that doesn't overpower the salmon, and a great marriage of the ingredients. My onions didn't quite cook as well as I would of liked, I think next time around I will saute the veggies a lil before topping the fish. This recipe is one to print and post on the fridge!