1/2 Photos of Triple Sec Cream Scones
The orange flavored raisins make these so good. Make sure to soak them at least 15 minutes! EDIT: I tried these with cranberries and they do not work as well as the raisins. I would imagine any *dried* fruit would work best, since letting it soak in liquid (triple sec) reconstitutes its moisture, whereas cranberries will not absorb as much liquid. Hope that helps!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the raisins in liqueur for at least 15 minutes ahead of time. (add more triple sec if it doesn't cover the raisins).
- 2Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 3Combine dry ingredients and cut in the butter with a pastry blender until it resembles course meal.
- 4Drain the liqueur from the raisins.
- 5Mix the eggs, cream, and raisins.
- 6Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until a dough forms.
- 7Turn the dough on to a floured board and knead LIGHTLY for one minute (don't overwork the dough).
- 8Pat the dough into a 3/4 inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Sec Cream Scones
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 249.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: