Recipe by Olha
Wonderful flavor. Melt in your mouth tender.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
This is a great dish. The only thing I did different was to microwave the marinade for a minute to make the sure the sugar was incorporated before adding it to the meat. I also used sweet Thai chili sauce. There was lots of marinade left over so I think it could easily handle more meat, so if you needed to make more meat, I would not necessarily double it. I would make a single batch and then see if you needed more marinade. The satay sauce was easy to make too and it tasted very good on rice and I even added to my salad. I used a light cream in place of the evaporated milk. Overall, this was an easy dish that had tons of flavour and cooked very quickly. I would definitely make this again. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (about 2)
- 1⁄2 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fine coconut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup skim evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken, beef and pork cubes into medium bowl with tight fitting lid, or into 3 separate bowls if desired.
- Mix remaining 7 ingredients in small bowl. Pour over cubes. Cover. Shake or turn to coat Chill for several hours or overnight. Soak eighteen 4 inch wooden skewer. Thread 1 cube of each meat onto each skewer. Lay on ungreased broiler tray. Broil about 4 inches from heat for about 5 minutes, turning at half time, until cooked.
- SATAY SAUCE: Mix all 8 ingredients in medium saucepan. Heat and stir until boiling. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Makes 1 cup sauce. Serve in small bowl with kabobs. Makes 18.
- Company’s Coming Starters.