Recipe by Mom4Life
These cookies are 5 star in my opinion. They're thick (almost 1/2") and dense, crisp around the outside edge, a firm "chew" as you get away from the edge, "lip smacking" rich, peanutty, and not too salty. They not only taste great, they look great too...golden brown and slightly crinkled on top.--described perfectly by a poster on another board. YUMMY! is all I need to add.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (8oz)
- 1 cup sugar (7 oz)
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter (11 7/8 oz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour (11 1/4 oz)
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped dry roasted salted peanuts (6 1/4 oz)
- 1 1⁄3 cups peanut butter chips (8 oz) or 1 1⁄3 cups chocolate chips (8 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream butter, sugars, peanut butter, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in the flour, nuts, and chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto prepared sheets. Bake for 14 minutes, until set and brown around the edges. Remove from oven and cool on pan 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.