Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
This recipe is an adaptation of several recipes I love. They are crisp on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. Oatmeal, peanutbutter, mini m&m cookies.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 236.59 ml sugar (Baker's Sugar is great!)
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 340.19 g bag chocolate chips or 340.19 g bag miniature M&M baking bits
- 591.47 ml flour
- 236.59 ml old fashioned oats or 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda and powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and peanut-butter. Add sugar, mix well. Beat in each egg separately. Then add vanilla. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup of the M&M's, or chocolate chips; with a large wooden spoon, mix in the remaining M&M's or chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment paper and drop cookies by the tablespoonful about 2 inches apart. Take 3-4 M&M's from the 1/2 cup set aside and press them into the cookie so they will show after baking.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and the centers are NOT completely set but no longer shiny. Let cookies finish cooking on sheet for 2-5 minutes and transfer to a wire wrack to cool.
These are some awesome cookies! I followed the recipe, as written, leaving out about 1/2 cup of morsels, and putting a few M&M's on top of half (specifically for DS)! Mine baked in 11 minutes, but I baked 2 trays at once, switching from top to bottom, halfway thru the baking time. Thanks for sharing, Chef Ali L. Made for Spring PAC 2011 - http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=352458&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0