1/1 Photo of Triple-Pepper Steamed Halibut
Nice when served with saffron couscous (also posted). This colorful entrée is inspired by the Italian vegetable dish peperonata, which includes sweet bell peppers, garlic, and onions. Use a large, two-inch-deep skillet to make sure everything fits. From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vertically sliced yellow onions
- 2 1/2 cups slice red bell peppers (about 2 large)
- 2 1/2 cups slice yellow bell peppers (about 2 large)
- 2 1/2 cups slice orange bell peppers (about 2 large)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 6 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion, bell peppers, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic; sauté 20 minutes or until tender.
- 3Stir in wine, basil, and oregano; cook 1 minute.
- 4Sprinkle fish with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; arrange fish over bell pepper mixture.
- 5Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple-Pepper Steamed Halibut
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 444.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 41.9 g