Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made this for a Thanksgiving dessert and everyone loved it! The pie is very rich and delicious. A must for any peanut butter fans out there!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 peanut butter morsels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted peanuts (garnish)
- PIE CRUST:.
- Combine first 3 ingredients; stir well.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Firmly press crumb mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Let cool completely or overnight.
- Combine 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten egg yolks.
- Add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, morsels, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Stir until morsels melt.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Cover and chill pie several hours or until firm.
- WHIPPED CREAM.
- Beat whipping cream until foamy.
- Add powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, beating until soft peaks form.
- Pipe or spoon whipped cream over shilled pie.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts.