Recipe by bugsbunnyfan
If you like oranges you will love this recipe.
Top Review by chef515
I absolutely loved this, along with all my friends! had my doubts while I was putting it together but it turned out wonderful. very yummy orange taste and not overly sweet. I ended up putting some plain cool whip on top as well and next time would probably also put a thin layer of plain cool whip in the middle. can't wait to try using raspberries with this recipe.
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 1 quart Orange sherbet, softened
- 12 ounces whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cake into bite sized pieces.
- Drain mandarin oranges, reserving 1 cup juice. Reserve 5 orange slices for garnish. Cut the remaining slices into bite sized pieces.
- Place reserved juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat. Add gelatin mix and stir until the gelatin mix is dissolved.
- Combine gelatin mixture and sherbet in a large bowl. Stir until sherbet is melted. Fold in whipped topping.
- Layer cake pieces, orange pieces and sherbet mixture one half at a time in a glass serving dish.
- Chill, covered, for 6 to 8 hours. Top with reserved orange slices.