Recipe by Lennie
The original recipe calls for lemon cake mix, lemon jello and lemon juice ... but I just made it with orange and my family loved it. Great orange colour too!
Top Review by MizzNezz
What a nice change from chocolate! Seems like we always make chocolate! This cake was so easy to make. It has a very refreshing orange flavor. I made it in a bundt pan and drizzled the frosting over, it was beautiful. Only problem I had was keeping my husband out of it!! Thanks for another winner, Lennie!
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package orange cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 cake pan; set aside.
- Place all ingredients except juice and icing sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat thoroughly with an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 35- 45 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Leave cake in pan and pierce entire surface with fork.
- In a small bowl, blend juice and icing sugar thoroughly.
- Spoon evenly over cake.