Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this in the new TOH. This sounds so easy and tasty! Let me know how it is. Cooking time does not include chilling time.
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup brazil nut, halved
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- Place the walnuts, pecans and brazil nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 4-8 minute or until toasted and golden brown, stirring once.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; grease the foil with butter and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cream and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in toasted nuts.
- Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 238 degrees (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until creamy and thickened.
- Quickly spread into prepared pan; cool.
- Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan; discard foil.
- Cut candy into squares.
- Stor in an airtight container in refrigerator.
I tried this recipe last week. It is very easy, and yummy. However, the next time I make it I plan on including some vanilla and a pinch of salt in the caramel mixture. To me it is a little bland.
My first time to make candy this way. Super easy to do. I even doubled the recipe on the second batch and had no problems!