Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
Mushrooms and rice go together like peas and carrots. I liked the use of the more unusal mushrooms in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, stems removed and caps sliced
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 envelope lipton garlic mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- In a large oven-proof dutch oven, let the butter melt over medium heat.
- Add in the shallots; cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until they are softened.
- Add in the mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are golden.
- Add in the soup mix, rice, and 2 1/4 cups water; stir to combine.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Take off cover and keep baking about 10-15 more minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the parsley and chives; stir and you're ready to serve.
This recipe came out surprisingly flavorful and moist. My husband really loves mushrooms so this was a big hit. I baked it for about 5 mins. longer at the end than was reccomended because all the liquid wasn't absorbed. I made cream of mushroom sauce to go with it, but it wasn't neceaasry. Thanks for the recipe!