Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Mushrooms and rice go together like peas and carrots. I liked the use of the more unusal mushrooms in this recipe.
Top Review by Trish in Queens Claiborne
This recipe came out surprisingly flavorful and moist. My husband really loves mushrooms so this was a big hit. I baked it for about 5 mins. longer at the end than was reccomended because all the liquid wasn't absorbed. I made cream of mushroom sauce to go with it, but it wasn't neceaasry. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, stems removed and caps sliced
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 envelope lipton garlic mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large oven-proof dutch oven, let the butter melt over medium heat.
- Add in the shallots; cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until they are softened.
- Add in the mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are golden.
- Add in the soup mix, rice, and 2 1/4 cups water; stir to combine.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Take off cover and keep baking about 10-15 more minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the parsley and chives; stir and you're ready to serve.