Perfectionist cook's Note:
This is simplicity itself, chilled balls of cantalope, honeydew melon and watermelon inside a parfait glass, decorated with two chocolate sticks or ice-cream wafers. I made this once many years ago and still remember the oohs and ahhs when I presented the glasses on a tray to my guests. Note that you will need a melon baller for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the watermelon into thick slices about 4cm(11/2 inches) and patiently and gently pick out all the seeds or alternatively use a seedless variety.
- 2Using a melon baller cut as many balls as you can from the slice trying to waste as little fruit as possible. Don't worry if a few aren't perfect balls as you can hide them in the middle of the glass.
- 3Put the balls in a bowl and keep chilled.
- 4Repeat with the other two melons trying to have roughly the same amount of balls of each type.
- 5Mix the melon balls gently together and divide into 4-6 parfait glasses depending on how tall they are.
- 6Keep covered in the fridge until serving, adding a chocolate biscuit stick or ice-cream wafer stick or similar decoration.
- 7You can even serve this with ice-cream or whipped cream though I do prefer it as a salad.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple-Melon-Ball Fruit Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 44.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g