Recipe by joanna_giselle
This is simplicity itself, chilled balls of cantalope, honeydew melon and watermelon inside a parfait glass, decorated with two chocolate sticks or ice-cream wafers. I made this once many years ago and still remember the oohs and ahhs when I presented the glasses on a tray to my guests. Note that you will need a melon baller for this recipe.
- 1 small honeydew melon (ripe and firm)
- 1 small cantaloupe (ripe and firm)
- 1 kg watermelon (buy a chunk of melon)
- chocolate biscuit sticks or ice cream wafer
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the watermelon into thick slices about 4cm(11/2 inches) and patiently and gently pick out all the seeds or alternatively use a seedless variety.
- Using a melon baller cut as many balls as you can from the slice trying to waste as little fruit as possible. Don't worry if a few aren't perfect balls as you can hide them in the middle of the glass.
- Put the balls in a bowl and keep chilled.
- Repeat with the other two melons trying to have roughly the same amount of balls of each type.
- Mix the melon balls gently together and divide into 4-6 parfait glasses depending on how tall they are.
- Keep covered in the fridge until serving, adding a chocolate biscuit stick or ice-cream wafer stick or similar decoration.
- You can even serve this with ice-cream or whipped cream though I do prefer it as a salad.