1/2 Photos of Triple Lemon Cupcakes
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
My daughter wanted "extra lemony" cupcakes for her birthday. I couldn't find any recipes that came close to what she was describing so I decided to wing it. I've recently run across the idea of subbing lemon-lime soda for the water in the cupcakes. I'm going to try that next time. If you don't plan on piping the icing onto the cupcakes, you can probably half the icing recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) Betty Crocker Super Moist lemon cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1 cup lemon curd (homemade or store bought)
- 1Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350°F Line muffin pans with paper baking cups for cupcakes.
- 2Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide evenly among cupcakes (2/3 full).
- 3Bake for 21-26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- 4Icing: Cream butter and then add lemon or vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- 5Add sugar a cup at a time beating on medium speed. Add milk 1 Tbls. at a time and beat on high until completely blended and desired consistency.
- 6Assembly: Using a small paring knife. cut a small "cone" out of the top center of each cupcake. Partially fill the hole with lemon curd. Cut off the bottom portion of the cone and place the top back in the hole covering the lemon curd. (The "plug" should be level with the top of the cupcake.).
- 7Spread or pipe prepared icing onto each cupcake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Lemon Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.8
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 220.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: