Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sinfully rich and decadent bars with a shortbread base,fruit, nut and coconut filling, topped off with a tangy lemon frosting.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped candied cherry
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- Base: Combine flour and sugar, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press into greased 9" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Filling: Beat eggs.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, nuts, raisins, coconut, cherries, flour and baking powder.
- Spread mixture evenly over partially baked base.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- Combine all ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Spread on filling.
- Chill until firm before cutting into bars.