1/1 Photo of Triple-Layer Mocha Hot Chocolate
This will warm you up on a cold day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Into each of 4 mugs, place 1 T chips and 1 t coffee; reserve.
- 2In a medium pot, whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt.
- 3Whisk in 2 T water until blended.
- 4Over medium heat, bring mixture to simmer; cook; whisking occasionally, until syrupy, 5 minutes.
- 5Whisk in 2 cups milk; cook, whisking constantly, until very hot but not boiling.
- 6Pour 1/4 cup hot cocoa mixture into each mug; stir until chips are melted.
- 7In microwave-safe measuring cup, microwave remaining 1 cup milk on high in 15-second intervals until hot; stir into remaining cocoa mixture.
- 8Transfer mixture to blender.
- 9With lid firmly held on, carefully blend mixture until frothy.
- 10Dividing evenly, spoon over hot chocolate in mugs.
- 11Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple-Layer Mocha Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 164.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g