Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had this this weekend-a friend brought this for football dessert-very good!
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantlywith a wooden spoon.
- Boil/stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in marshmallows until melted and mixed well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth, and for 6 minutes.
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Pour chocolate fudge into pan and prepare peanut butter fudge immediately.
- Peanut butter fudge: Follow above directions except reduce sugar to 3/4 cup and add 3/4 cup brown sugar, omit butter and chocolate, and add peanut butter where you would add the chocolate chips and vanilla, and Immediately spread evenly over the chocolate fudge.
- White fudge: Follow above directions and sub the white chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips, and immediately spread evenly over the peanut butter fudge.
- Cover fudge with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.
- Keeps in fridge 3 weeks.
This was exactly what I was looking for. Excellent. I had a bit of trouble with consistancy, my 5 minutes probably being off one way or the other, but still amazing in the end. So sweet, so smooth, and so good.