Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
This from Kraft Kitchens. It states to use Oreo Baking Crumbs, but whatever chocolate baking crumbs is fine. I've even made my own in recipes that call for a chocolate crumb bottom. Recipe includes chill time.
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1⁄4 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesjello chocolate instant pudding (4 serving sizes each)
- 2 cups Cool Whip (thawed & divided)
- Combine baking crumbs and butter in an 8 inch square pan. Press firmly onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan to form a crust; set aside.
- Mix chocolate squares and sweetened milk until well blended; pour into chocolate crust. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- Pour milk into a large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes or until well blended (mixture will be thick). Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the pudding over pecans in crust.
- Add half the whipped topping to remainder of pudding in bowl; stir with a wire whisk until well blended. Spoon over pudding layer in crust.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate chips or chocolate curls if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.