Recipe by Carmen B.
This from Kraft Kitchens. It states to use Oreo Baking Crumbs, but whatever chocolate baking crumbs is fine. I've even made my own in recipes that call for a chocolate crumb bottom. Recipe includes chill time.
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1⁄4 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesjello chocolate instant pudding (4 serving sizes each)
- 2 cups Cool Whip (thawed & divided)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine baking crumbs and butter in an 8 inch square pan. Press firmly onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan to form a crust; set aside.
- Mix chocolate squares and sweetened milk until well blended; pour into chocolate crust. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- Pour milk into a large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes or until well blended (mixture will be thick). Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the pudding over pecans in crust.
- Add half the whipped topping to remainder of pudding in bowl; stir with a wire whisk until well blended. Spoon over pudding layer in crust.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate chips or chocolate curls if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.