Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
My DD fell in love with these cookies from my neighbor Jenny last Christmas season.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F(325° for glass).
- In 13 x 9 pan melt butter in oven.
- Sprinkle crumbs evenly over melted butter.
- Top evenly with coconut, then condensed milk.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In large bowl, melt chocolate chips with peanut butter in microwave, check every 20 seconds until melted.
- Spread evenly over hot coconut layer.
- Cool 30 minutes. Chill. Cut into bars.
These are sooo good and really easy to make. I only wish I had this recipe when kids were young, they would have loved them!!
These are amazing! I have NO idea how you could get only 20 servings out of this, as they are extremely rich! I cut them into 48 small candy sized squares. They taste like a snickers with coconut to us. I am sure I will be making this yearly at the holidays and as many other times as the damily can talk me into. The best part is that they are so easy to make too. This recipe is a winner no matter how you look at it!
I needed some quick cookies to make for a teacher's party and these were so easy to do! I had many requests for the recipe. Loved them! Made for Photo Tag Cookie Exchange.