I got this recipe from Today's Parent Magazine. It is to attract toddlers but we liked it so much as a family that it is now in our cooking list every week, thanks to its low-fat, super moist, healthy ingredients. Hope you like it!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I prefer canola oil)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce (I prefer sweetened)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup all-purpose whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and sugar. Beat in egg, then applesauce. Stir in carrots and zucchini.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet, until just mixed. Grease muffin tray. Spoon batter to the very top of muffin cups and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in a muffin.