Recipe by Claire #3
A Cooking Light recipe that everyone raves about.
Top Review by Mallina Cashew
This recipe actually turned out very well!!! It is a dark colour (which surprised me a bit) and seems very thick, yet is lower in fat!! My father thought it was too sweet but it suited everyone elses taste (adults and youngins included)!! Highly recommended for special occasions!! Thanks again Claire for finding this recipe for me!!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted and divided
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 15 chocolate wafers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place 1/4 cup hazelnuts, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and chocolate wafers in food processor.
- Process until finely ground.
- Add oil and process until moist.
- Press crumbs into bottom of a 9 inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Wrap outside of pan with double layer of aluminum foil.
- Combine instant coffee granules and 1 tablespoon hot water in small bowl.
- Place cheeses in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add coffee mixture, cocoa and next 6 ingredients and process until well blended.
- Add eggs.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Place pan in a large baking pan.
- Add hot water to baking pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 325 for one hour until cheesecake barely moves when pan is touched.
- Remove from oven and run knife around outside edge.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup hazelnuts.