Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Always a favorite of my family, given to me by a lady who "knew how to cook".
Make and share this Triple Good Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In medium saucepan combine first four ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly; just until mix starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly; set aside.
- Beat margarine, sugar& vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread half of the oat mixture into bottom of a greased 9x13 pan and press firmly.
- Spread raisin mixture over surface within 1/4 inch of sides.
- Crumble remaining half of oat mixture over top; pat lightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 375°F degrees or until golden brown.
Well, I was going to post this recipe, but after doing a search, I found that it already was. So, I will instead review it, since I just made them. These are the most delicious bars! The crust is sooo good, and the filling! Oh, the filling! What a perfect combination of creamy lemon and raisins! For those of you that don't like raisins, these bars could make you change your mind! BTW, they are even BETTER 2-3 days after you make them!!! Yummmmmm!
I am giving this 5 stars as a dessert, with custard and ice cream, but as a bar they are just way too sweet for our taste. the recipe is easy, and works well, I would make it again, but would halve the sugar and the cond milk.
This is the dessert I am requested to bring to any type of pot-luck dinner. It even appeals to those who don't like raisins. I had lost my original recipe and was delighted to find it posted here. Many thanks to the donor!